Norway mosque attack: Bruised suspect Manshaus appears in court
A 21-year-old homeless man has appeared in court in Oslo, accused of a terrorist action in relationship with a gun attack on a mosque in the weekend.
His neck and face marked with bruises and scrapes, Philip Manshaus was likewise charged with attempted murder, in addition to the murder of his stepsister.
He had been remanded in custody for the following four months, as prosecutors asked.
He cried at photographers but said , until the judge started the situation behind closed doors.
Mr Manshaus is accused of opening fire in the Al-Noor Islamic Centre at Baerum, west of the capital Oslo, on Saturday.
Soon after the assault, the entire body of the 17-year-old stepsister was discovered at a home in Baerum.
There were three people within the middle at the time of this assault along with the gunman was overpowered before authorities arrived.
The mosque’s manager said the attacker had gone to the building wearing a helmet and body armour, carrying several weapons. Several shots were fired but nobody was severely hurt at the mosque.
A 65-year-old Pakistani air force officer, Mohammad Rafiq, continues to be commended for yanking the attacker, down him and shooting his weapons .
whenever the defendant appeared at Oslo district court on Monday, prosecutors were allowed a four-week expansion to his custody using a ban on prison visits without accessibility to press policy.
His defence attorney, Unni Fries, stated earlier that he refused that the criminal charges and wasn’t talking to investigators.
The head of Norway’s PST police protection service told me it was extended a tip-off regarding the defendant per year ago but there was nothing to indicate a strategy for an assault was under way.
Authorities said the defendant appeared to possess far-right and anti-immigrant viewpoints. Ahead of this assault, a message has been published on the EndChan forum purporting to be from Philip Manshaus.
EndChan stated its moderators had deleted a thread and its own”main domain” was taken offline following the shooting.
The article made a reference to New Zealand mosque attack defendant Brenton Tarrant, who’s accused of murdering 51 individuals in Christchurch past March.
two years ago a Norwegian neo-Nazi murdered 77 individuals, initially in Oslo and at a summer youth camp conducted from the centre-left on the island of Utoeya.
Anders Breivik was detained for 21 years to its Utoeya massacre and later campaigned from the states where he was being held.